2013 model outlander phev

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faridkhanuit

Hi can any one advise if it’s good idea to buy 2013 outlander with 88k kms and 78% battery health and 31.2 Ah remaining ..odometer shows 22 kms on battery…UPTO what extent it shall or should not buy

Hi can any one advise if it’s good idea to buy 2013 outlander with 88k kms and 78% battery health and 31.2 Ah remaining ..odometer shows 22 kms on battery…UPTO what extent it shall or should not buy
It is the matter of price. Lots of other people runs the similar car and there are no significant problems with battery but there is nothing to be guaranteed. Regular Mitsubishi SUV generally lasts longer than American cars, but when it comes to PHEV, the story is quite different. There are so many electric and electronic parts inside, and we actually do not know of those electric components health. Actually, it is same condition to the new PHEV. So, if you can buy this less than $4,000-$5,000 then you will be satisfied with car even minor problem found later. It is risky to buy uncertain old PHEV car.

Before you buy the car, think about seriously what is the main usages of this car. If you want to save money by buying used car, don't buy this complicated and troublesome car of sophisticated groups of sensors installed car. If you want show up with big nice looking car, you must pay money to run with this car. If you believe this car could save the gas to run, you should think what kind of journey is your driving. If you drive more than double of EV distance daily, Outlander PHEV is not much saving gas. Sometimes the ICE car has better gas mileage if the car has light weight. Outlander is the most HEAVY car among its segment. It is not easy to find garage to repair Mitsubishi PHEV. That means, once you have any kind of trouble, you are in the middle of nowhere. You might wait 6 months for just waiting for the simple parts from Japan. There are many garages with parts for other manufacturer Hybrid and PHEV, for instance.

We have lots of choices out there. But you should be reasonable when buying used car and owning a car for long time without any hassles.

I have 2022 45,000 miles for $15,900. It was the steal price. I did not have much knowledge on Mitsubishi but I regret my decision on this car, after a month. This car does not provide mental comfort, worrying about reliability. Service Center is 90 km away from my place and not so many DIY sources in media. Most of the people complains about Mitsubishi Service, because there is no garage to handle this car. It is my personal experience. You will find do this not do that things if you buy this car.

On the other hand, my car has been trouble free for ten years, so, I'd suggest that you don't rely on one person's anxiety.

Back