2023 Outlander PHEV Ralliart

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KunyaB

My husband and I have been looking for a PHEV for a year now and were leaning in another direction, but we couldn’t say no to this car. We live in HI so there aren’t as many options here for plug ins. Not sure why-maybe they just like to ship over a few and jack the price.
Just purchased on June 22nd. It’s our first brand new car and it was their showroom model, so it’s immaculate inside and out. We are a bit overwhelmed with all the settings and tech but as long as I can charge the darn thing, I’m good. 😂 I’m sure we will have a ton of questions down the line. Happy to be here and own this Mitsubishi!

Welcome to the Forum! I love being able to charge it at home and do most of our local driving in EV mode. We tried going all electric with the Mustang MachE but decided to sell it do to some long road trips we planned for last year. We might try to go all electric again in the future but not till our charging infrastructure builds up. For now the Outlander PHEV seems to be the best choice!!

Hi Kunya.

O'ahu is only about 50 miles wide, so unless you regularly cross the island, aren't most of your journeys in EV mode ?

So Charge Points are unnecessary.

If the prices are like the UK, a Charge Point costs 5 times or more the cost of charging at home with the granny charger and a good EV tariff.

Making the Charge Mode a good way to do long journeys.

Welcome to the Forum! I love being able to charge it at home and do most of our local driving in EV mode. We tried going all electric with the Mustang MachE but decided to sell it do to some long road trips we planned for last year. We might try to go all electric again in the future but not till our charging infrastructure builds up. For now the Outlander PHEV seems to be the best choice!!
I do think it has the best of both worlds and I am so in love with it already! So far, 75% of my driving has been EV only and I love that.

Hi Kunya.

O'ahu is only about 50 miles wide, so unless you regularly cross the island, aren't most of your journeys in EV mode ?

So Charge Points are unnecessary.

If the prices are like the UK, a Charge Point costs 5 times or more the cost of charging at home with the granny charger and a good EV tariff.

Making the Charge Mode a good way to do long journeys.
I actually live on Maui (but same concept) and have been driving almost entirely in EV mode (and then just charging at home). There definitely aren’t enough working charging stations here. It is costing about $7-9 USD to charge to full, every couple days. For longer journeys around the island or to go up to the top of the volcano, I appreciate having the engine as backup. How fabulous it was to charge the battery on the way down said mountain, yesterday.

Back