Preferred long -range mode, and a question:

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfstix

Hey all, newbie to this blog. Purch'd '23 PHEV SE AWD 3/24. Mostly love it. Removed 3rd row seat, makes about 18" deep by 32" tall x 46" width at hatch, good for some stuff I do, better than stock 27" height with the seat stowed. Best LR cruising mode I've found, which pretty much leaves the car in series power mode: Run Normal til batt range shows about 18-22 miles. Switch to Tarmac. Overall will yield about 55-60 mpg on a tankful, about 400 miles range. Haven't tried overnight yet with charge staying at that level. Also haven't tried something like climbing I-80 in the Poc's in PA yet, that may require more gas and maybe charge mode, esp with a small trailer, planned for August. As it is in MI/OH, car maintains batt at about that charge displayed when you go to Tarmac mode. Wet or dry, and Tarmac S-AWD is also sweet for maintaining course on damp or puddly roads. Just remember to reset to Tarmac if you shut car off, as deflt reset is Normal. Aftermarket 16A NEMA 15-30 charger usually takes 12 hrs or less from empty to 48, using regular 110v garage outlet.

Question: anybody had the anomaly that the radio comes on if it's off and you almost just look at vol<> key/ or use the < menu key beside it on the left spoke? Unless you're a good sharpshooter, it's too easy to brush that vol key. And no way that I've found to mute at the same place, have to fish around on the infotainment to turn audio off, not really cool when driving. If I turn vol down, incoming calls are also muted. Any known issue/workarounds, or should I take back to dlr for diag?

Hey all, newbie to this blog. Purch'd '23 PHEV SE AWD 3/24. Mostly love it. Removed 3rd row seat, makes about 18" deep by 32" tall x 46" width at hatch, good for some stuff I do, better than stock 27" height with the seat stowed. Best LR cruising mode I've found, which pretty much leaves the car in series power mode: Run Normal til batt range shows about 18-22 miles. Switch to Tarmac. Overall will yield about 55-60 mpg on a tankful, about 400 miles range. Haven't tried overnight yet with charge staying at that level. Also haven't tried something like climbing I-80 in the Poc's in PA yet, that may require more gas and maybe charge mode, esp with a small trailer, planned for August. As it is in MI/OH, car maintains batt at about that charge displayed when you go to Tarmac mode. Wet or dry, and Tarmac S-AWD is also sweet for maintaining course on damp or puddly roads. Just remember to reset to Tarmac if you shut car off, as deflt reset is Normal. Aftermarket 16A NEMA 15-30 charger usually takes 12 hrs or less from empty to 48, using regular 110v garage outlet.

Question: anybody had the anomaly that the radio comes on if it's off and you almost just look at vol<> key/ or use the < menu key beside it on the left spoke? Unless you're a good sharpshooter, it's too easy to brush that vol key. And no way that I've found to mute at the same place, have to fish around on the infotainment to turn audio off, not really cool when driving. If I turn vol down, incoming calls are also muted. Any known issue/workarounds, or should I take back to dlr for diag?
Hi there!

There has been a bit of talk about the radio glitching.

Please have a look at this thread:

https://www.myoutlanderphev.com/threads/radio-turns-on-by-itself-2024-le.6527/

Back