Alarm goes off, "door open illegally" message.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yevetz

It started just yesterday. When I lock the car in a couple of minutes alarm goes off with no reason. Message in the app says "door open illegally". Anybody had such problem or have any suggestions?

2018 GT Canada

Thanks

no but a possible culprit is a faulty door switch. Does it say which door?

As a starting point, check all the door pillars and verify the push switches are securely installed and the rubber boots intact. Also around the boot and bonnet for same. Water ingress and corrosion can cause alarm issues from past experience on other cars.

no but a possible culprit is a faulty door switch. Does it say which door?

As a starting point, check all the door pillars and verify the push switches are securely installed and the rubber boots intact. Also around the boot and bonnet for same. Water ingress and corrosion can cause alarm issues from past experience on other cars.
Thanks, you were right.

The button on the front passenger door had plastic holder chipped and the button fell inside the body. Easy fix. I will probably need to order the part (rubber covering with the plastic holder) because it holds but I am not sure for how long. Anybody has experience looking for parts like this? As I have no idea where to look for it.

Attachments

• 20240906_093231.jpg
    20240906_093231.jpg
    885.5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks, you were right.

The button on the front passenger door had plastic holder chipped and the button fell inside the body. Easy fix. I will probably need to order the part (rubber covering with the plastic holder) because it holds but I am not sure for how long. Anybody has experience looking for parts like this? As I have no idea where to look for it.
Found it, nevermind :)

Back