New brake/turn light at rear middle of PHEV.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yardbird

This backlight can light up as brake light and turn signal as well, very fancy as the installer said, it took him about 1.5 hours to install, lots of cable routing. $100 labor, the light is from TaoBao.com, https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?ab...49:24329448037

It costs about $110 + taxes and about $40 shipping from China. It is not direct plug-in type so I didn't want to install myself. Rather have the professional install it for $100.

This backlight can light up as brake light and turn signal as well, very fancy as the installer said, it took him about 1.5 hours to install, lots of cable routing. $100 labor, the light is from TaoBao.com, https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?ab...49:24329448037

It costs about $110 + taxes and about $40 shipping from China. It is not direct plug-in type so I didn't want to install myself. Rather have the professional install it for $100.

Looks great.

How come your center (centre for the Canadians and British members) mounted brake light isn't on?
The brake light is not on just the parking light. It is even brighter if you brake and it has running turn signal like the Audi or BMW. There is a video showing how it works at that Chinese web site link that I posted.

Last edited:
This is so cool. I was about to have my rear chrome trim wrapped in translucent red plastic to match the rear lights and create a continuous albeit fake light bar.

Seems like this ‘real’ light bar is the answer.

This is so cool. I was about to have my rear chrome trim wrapped in translucent red plastic to match the rear lights and create a continuous albeit fake light bar.

Seems like this ‘real’ light bar is the answer.
BTW, that chrome bar is very difficult to be removed, it got all sort of screws in the back, not just clips. It took the mechanics a while to figure it out by removing the back panel,

Back