HUD windscreen display

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radioman

I would like to retrofit a Mitsubishi HUD to my RHD PHEV 2020 outlander --any one done it that could advise me please

Can't help on a built-in unit but I've used a HUD for speed for some time now on previous cars and use it on the PHEV now. The problem was the ghost reflection off the glass unless you put an appropriate film where the display shows but it does work. The one I use now is similar to this one

GPS HUD
1721889916497.png
which has the advantage of having its own reflector screen and being GPS it isn't hooked into the OBD or dash wiring. Downside is that its possible to accelerate and see some lag occasionally in the speed counting up if there was a signal loss (stopped under a bridge, coming out of a tunnel etc).

Can't help on a built-in unit but I've used a HUD for speed for some time now on previous cars and use it on the PHEV now. The problem was the ghost reflection off the glass unless you put an appropriate film where the display shows but it does work. The one I use now is similar to this one

GPS HUD
View attachment 1369
which has the advantage of having its own reflector screen and being GPS it isn't hooked into the OBD or dash wiring. Downside is that its possible to accelerate and see some lag occasionally in the speed counting up if there was a signal loss (stopped under a bridge, coming out of a tunnel etc).
Thank you very much indeed --looks like it would do my job fine --can you give me the product name and model --Ill more than likely
try one --it might also work well in a 911 I have --just want to see how to manage keeping power cables as tidy as possible Michael--Radioman Ireland

the one pictured has the amazon link above the pic (GPS HUD). The one I got is similar and likely not listed any more but still works fine a couple years down the road :)

All depends if you'd prefer a GPS one or the OBD type which typically can show other data as well, tho with the downside of being a power drain and potential of interference with the cars systems. I preferred a simple display -PH and time rather than lots of extra noise.

Back