Wifi Not Broadcasting and the Charging Timer Not Functioning

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b4surani

Hello All

I got an Outlander 2015 Phev.

Mainly, my wifi is not broadcasting, I do not know the reason I tried various methods to reset the wifi module which include 10 times & 20 times fob press with/out hazard lights on, I do hear a single beep confirming there is no device registered. I got the SSID and password printed card with the manual, but I can not see the wifi ssid on my Android/iPhone. Hence I am unable to connect and not able to check/control any feature of the car from my smartphone.

I want to use the charging timer function to utilise cheap overnight electricity. When the charger is plugged in, it does start charging between you "start" and "stop" the car, which is obvious behaviour.

I set timer 1 to start charging every night from 01.00 to 5.00, but it seems the car is not starting the charge overnight. For a trial, I tried setting timer 2 from 12.00 to 12.10 without a full charge tick and my observation says,
1. It does not start charging at 12.00 or 12.05 or until 12.10
2. If I turn ON the car a couple of minutes later(let's say 12.02), it starts charging(which is obvious) and turning OFF the car, does not turn charging off instead it keeps changing as the time is within the set timer 2 range.

Does it mean the car is not able to identify the correct time to start charging overnight?
If not, am I missing anything or not following the steps correctly to use the charging timer function?

I also need help with wifi setup if there is any expert outie owners who have experienced the same and come up with a solution or any alternative method to get the wifi setup done? I am based in NW9, if you are local we can meet at your convenience, plz DM me.

Desperately looking forward to your comments on these issues, feel free to put down your thoughts.

Back