What Settings for Pure EV with No ICE Assist

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then, after driving about 3 months, the ICE started up and I got message that I had to use up the old fuel and the ICE would not turn off untill I added 20 Lt of fuel. This never, ever happened on my 2018 and 2022 Models.
This is because you "never, ever" went 3 months without refuelling, that's why. This feature as been present in the PHEV since the beginning. 😎

This is because you "never, ever" went 3 months without refuelling, that's why. This feature as been present in the PHEV since the beginning. 😎
For my 2018, and 12 kWh i would charge every 1 to 3 days and was getting 40 to 45 kms and would drive 5 to 6 months without adding Fuel (kept my log book uodated) and I Never, Ever, Ever saw the Need to add fuel Message. I drove tge 2018 for 5 years. The only warning message I ever got is when the outside temp hit -35'C for 6 days straight and received message Vehicle Cold and lack of powef till the Battery warmed up. I have nk garage and park outside and happened because my Nattefh was low and had parked overnight at a friend's place.

The 2022 did cause the ICE to keep in more often especially at start up and I was not able to force EV Mode as easily as I could with 2018. On start up, with Temps around 7'C the ICE would start up even after pressing EV Button on starting and ICze would run about 3 minutes as long as I did not turn thd heat. ICE would remain on as long as I kept the Heat Settings at 18'C then after 3 minutes Ivould increase it a degree at a time and if I set it too high, the would kick in but turn off again if I lowered tge heat setting.

With the 2024, once I turn on thd heat, with the outside temp at 15'C and set inside heat to 18'C the ICE starts up and stays on even after lowering the setting and even if I turn off the heat. The only wah I can turn off the ICE is to pull over, stop car, turn off and restart and press EV and ECO Mode.

So greenwarf,what Model PHEV are you driving, because clearly it seems you have no idea what I am typing here. I am not trying to be rude, just a genuine question of interest to you.

Last edited:
Back