UK Wind Deflectors

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vpo

Hi,

I have a now 4-month old GX4h, and was considering buying the Mitsubishi wind deflectors (to help cool and ventilate the car in what passes as summer here!)

Has anyone any experience of these? It is difficult to tell much from the photos on the Mitsubishi UK website, but they appear to look good.

My main concern is whether they will generate additional wind noise when not in use i.e. with windows closed, when driving on the motorway etc.

Look forward to any thoughts or help!

Thanks
David

vpo said:
Hi,

I have a now 4-month old GX4h, and was considering buying the Mitsubishi wind deflectors (to help cool and ventilate the car in what passes as summer here!)

Has anyone any experience of these? It is difficult to tell much from the photos on the Mitsubishi UK website, but they appear to look good.

My main concern is whether they will generate additional wind noise when not in use i.e. with windows closed, when driving on the motorway etc.

Look forward to any thoughts or help!

Thanks
David

Nothing unusual,just Normal....
I got it factory fitted :)
Recommended ;)

Many thanks, NS633!

Despite SolarBoy's concern over drag coefficients ;) I think I'll go for these, although I would have preferred them "factory" fitted but will have to hope my dealer (has been good so far) makes a decent job of it :eek:

Apologies to all as I guess this should have been posted in Accessories Forum, but am new to this!

Thanks again
David

Hi, I've just fitted a set of wind deflectors which I purchased on Ebay - uk, from a Mitsubishi dealer in Stoke on Trent (T G Holdcroft) - here's link to their site

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/2008holdcroft/m.html?item=381708439492&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

They are genuine mitsubshi ones and the full set for all four window cost me £67 + PP.

Took me about an hour to fit, very easy, took my time. Don't seem to cause any more wind noise but can drive with windows down about 25mm without draughts.

Can't seem to attach photos to this post!

steverally said:
Mine have the self adhesive tape but also have a couple of metal clips per wind deflector.

Yeah you're correct,though I didn't mention it in the previous post.
I too have some metal clips on my deflectors.

Back