Maximum EV Range

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rarely heard that the decade old Prius required battery change. So hope that our MIT PHEV will last as well.
I know a guy with a first gen prius phev down to 8 mile range but his work is 3 miles and he gets free charging so he doesn't care - had another friend who needed a battery replacement on his 2010s prius at less than 100k mile

My Outlander PHEV 2017 is 44500 KM showing poor milage (21 KM with AC and 30 KM without AC) on (EV only mode). How to improve milage on the EV battery?
Expecting expert opinions.
Thanks.
I have found that if you allow the battery to cool down ( 3-4 hrs) then charge with a domestic supply it should get a higher amount of charge I have found-I never charge with Fast charging stations as it degrades the battery faster.

I have found that if you allow the battery to cool down ( 3-4 hrs) then charge with a domestic supply it should get a higher amount of charge I have found-I never charge with Fast charging stations as it degrades the battery faster.
Yes I have noticed that since I stated charging from 11pm-7am (the discount time) I no longer hear the battery cooler come on. The original Level 1 charger forced me to charge outside of the discount time because it took 16 hours to charge so I would plug in every time I got home, invariably starting the battery cooler before starting the charge. My new Level 2 charger allows me to set charge time (11pm-7am) and save electricity cost as well as charge a cool battery.

EV batteries like a certain temperature for charging, 20C to 25C I believe.
So some cars will warm the battery before commencing charge, and may start cooling as the charge progresses.

I have a level 2 charger and when I come home even though I have some charge left I always recharge whatever the time is. If you check out the attachments below you will note what my status currently is. It is usually the same each time It is in the garage. The outside temperature is 25C. I am retired so most of my trips are local but once a week we go out totaling around 100 km there and back On the highway (QEW) I drive in D ( because in use cruise control most of the time ) at 110/115 km/hr. This is my usual reading at this time of the year. Model year 2020, mileage 71,770 km. No troubles at this stage whatsoever.

Attachments

• Mitsubishi setting 1.jpg
    Mitsubishi setting 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
  • Mitsubishi Setting 2.jpg
    Mitsubishi Setting 2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I have a level 2 charger and when I come home even though I have some charge left I always recharge whatever the time is. If you check out the attachments below you will note what my status currently is. It is usually the same each time It is in the garage. The outside temperature is 25C. I am retired so most of my trips are local but once a week we go out totaling around 100 km there and back On the highway (QEW) I drive in D ( because in use cruise control most of the time ) at 110/115 km/hr. This is my usual reading at this time of the year. Model year 2020, mileage 71,770 km. No troubles at this stage whatsoever.
I am also an IDOL citizen and only do local trips usually and adopting the method of allowing the battery to cool down before charging gets me the same as you do, I have a 2016 Outlander PHEV with 115000 klms

Thanks for the tip.
I will try (to remember)to not charge my car until later in the evening . As mentioned I come home at whatever time it is and connect the charger when the engine/batteries are still 'hot'. I must admit that usually before I go to bed I go and disconnect the charger 'in case of fire' in my garage even though I have installed a FA Detector. Need to change my habits!
Do you keep you car charging all night????

Thanks for the tip.
I will try (to remember)to not charge my car until later in the evening . As mentioned I come home at whatever time it is and connect the charger when the engine/batteries are still 'hot'. I must admit that usually before I go to bed I go and disconnect the charger 'in case of fire' in my garage even though I have installed a FA Detector. Need to change my habits!
Forgot to mention that I have a very simple calcalation for charging . I estimate that 1/2 hour equates to around 5/6 klms so if I used 20 klms on a trip I charge it for about 2 hrs, and try to turn it off before the charger indicates full-just my method.

Thanks for the tip.
I have timers set up in the car, so that it starts charging at 2 am.

I originally set it up that way, so that I'd have maximum charge available in the morning, when I set off to work.

AndyInOz, what a great suggestion!
I don't know why I did not think of that. I know my cell phone remote does not work but I can set it up in the car. I know my car takes 4 hours to charge from empty to full so I will set it to start at mid-night ( even if I go out I am usually home long before, so the batteries should have time to cool off) and switch off at 4:30 am.
Thanks for the tip

Talking about Mitsubishi Remote-control. Has anyone had good use from it?? Didn't work for me

Back