Power Button Light not Turning on sometimes

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmanthani

Recently,

My daughter told me, that the blue light on the power button didn't turn on, she sat in front passenger seat.

I was wondering whether its normal or not. Then in my next journey when I started the car and then I looked at the power button it had Blue light coming ON.

And yesterday it didn't. Its happening quite often.

Does this mean something wrong? is it due to cold and hot temparates? I live in south of UK temparature is between -5 and 10 degrees Celsius.

Thanks

I don't mean to insult you.....but.....you are pressing hard on the brake pedal before you hit the button??
if you press the button WITHOUT the pedal depressed you should get the orange light which is accessories only no 'ignition'.
Please don't think me rude. I don't know how long you have had the car. If a newby you may not have sussed everything out.
If none of this applies ......off to the dealer methinks!

The question is - does the car still start without the blue light. If so, then presumably it's just a dodgy LED connection and not worth worrying about. ;)

Sorry Yes carnut you are rude. But thanks for your reply.

I'm not a newbee I had car for more than a year and I have replied to many posts.

The car started normally and it run normally although the led is not lit on the button.

I observed it as intermittent issue. In few journeys the led lits and sometimes it doesn't.

Thanks

Thanks greendwarf. Yes car runs normally.

But the light sometimes works. Will check with dealer.

Thanks

Mine does this, I think it is to do with how much servo assistance is in the pump as to how far I need to press the pedal. My driveway is on a slope.

vmanthani said:

I'm not a newbee I had car for more than a year and I have replied to many posts.

The car started normally and it run normally although the led is not lit on the button.

I observed it as intermittent issue. In few journeys the led lits and sometimes it doesn't.

Thanks
Charming! Only trying to help.
Hoe was I to know how long you had had the car?
Perhaps you forgot the smiley after your comment?? :lol:

Carnut said:
vmanthani said:

Thanks
Charming! Only trying to help.
Hoe was I to know how long you had had the car?
Perhaps you forgot the smiley after your comment?? :lol:

Thats fine ;)

BTW which Dashcam you are using, I'm thinking of one, esp with a rear camera as I dont have one fitted with my PHEV.

Thanks

Lidl. Not very good but does the job and it's nice & small.
You may have to buy an extension lead male/female power socket type needs about 4 metres. Get extension from E bay about £2.99.
I put camera lefy of mirror, tuck cable behind plastic trim top of windscreen and rubber seal in door opening, into glovebox wher connection for extension is then along central console into socket under central arm rest.
Hope this helps.
If you want to see dozens of dash cams revued, Google Techmoan on Youtube

Back