Performing a DBCAM (battery calibration) using a ThinkCar OBD scanner, with screenshots (for PHEV up to 2022)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afternoon, I completed the dbcam as per.the instructions above with the thinkdiag odb. All seems to have gone well until after I had recharged the battery. The charging process went well and finished as normal.
My driving range was reduced to below pre dbcam.
I took the car for a drive anticipating to get new recalculated values with higher driving range.
Unfortunately no improvement in range and.the battery capacity after dbcam was accurate.
What I don't understand is is why it's lower than before dbcam.
I also carried cell smoothing successfully.
Any ideas?
Which range reduced after the charge? The actual range you can drive until the ICE engine starts, or the range shown on the guess-o-meter?
Can you check what the battery state of charge is right before the ICE starts?

Which range reduced after the charge? The actual range you can drive until the ICE engine starts, or the range shown on the guess-o-meter?
Can you check what the battery state of charge is right before the ICE starts?
Hi Diaxiwen
I repeated the dbcam yesterday, in case I had messed up something the first time.
I will report back to this is complete.

Hi Diaxiwen
I repeated the dbcam yesterday, in case I had messed up something the first time.
I will report back to this is complete.
I completed the dbcam as per the instructions below successfully, however my range had gone down to 12km, with battery capacity of 12Ah.
Previous to this could cover 16 km. i also noticed that when looking at the individual cell numbers, there are some numbers missing. Not sure if these are dead cells or if this is normal numbering of the cells.
The regen braking is also not as powerful as it used to be, it feels like the car is stuttering when it is engaged. anyway that being said it may be a sigh for me to sell the car.

Yes 12Ah sounds like it's very low. Are you able to get the individual cell voltages? I don't remember if it can be done from the Thinkdiag tool, but at least Phev Watchdog can do that. If you have one or several cells that is at a voltage that is significantly higher or lower than the other ones in the battery it will disturb the battery capacity measurement process. You can attempt to realign the cell voltages by using the cell smoothing procedure but if the different is too important it won't fix the problem.

Yes 12Ah sounds like it's very low. Are you able to get the individual cell voltages? I don't remember if it can be done from the Thinkdiag tool, but at least Phev Watchdog can do that. If you have one or several cells that is at a voltage that is significantly higher or lower than the other ones in the battery it will disturb the battery capacity measurement process. You can attempt to realign the cell voltages by using the cell smoothing procedure but if the different is too important it won't fix the problem.
The thinkdiag app is able to read individual cell voltages. They all seem to be within +/- 0.01-0.02v.
The only thing noticed was the cell numbers seem to be like 1-50 then 59-74 then 83 to the last. I am not sure why there are gaps, missing numbers orig that is the correct number process used by mitsubishi. Are you able to check yours with the thinkdiag?
Finally I read the mitsubishi bulletin on replacing individual cells, the cell voltage differences are critical and balancing is not guaranteed to work. Almost need to replace the entire pack

Back