Overall Efficiency

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Baker

Hopefully Mike Mas will join in on this one. Have you been able to figure out what's the most efficient mode overall? Normal, Eco or Volting (using Charge and EV sessions). Or has this already been flogged to death?

Hopefully Mike Mas will join in on this one. Have you been able to figure out what's the most efficient mode overall? Normal, Eco or Volting (using Charge and EV sessions). Or has this already been flogged to death?
Hi Ben

Are you asking a general question or is the question pertaining to a specific Year and Model. Also, please indicate where you live.

I am now driving a 2024 Oulander PHEV GT and have been averaging 95/100 km/h on full charge when driving just in the city and surrounded by School Zones in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada.

Procedure that works best for me.

1) Brake pedal down and Start
2) Press EV Button
3) Select ECO Mode
4) Place in Drive
5) Pedal to Regen B-0
6) HVAC OFF

20241010_180509.jpg

It's a general question on overall observations that experienced people would have done driving the car. I'm in Ontario and spend winter in Florida, this is a GREAT car for snowbirds. I've been able to do some identical trips with different modes trying to figure this out but sometimes it doesn't make sense (such as when eco is not eco). Your starting regimen points out the need for assigning configurations to keys (if it can assign seat position, why shouln't it assign mode). I'll bet you won't be using the HVAC off this winter (in Winnipeg)! What about getting fresh air in the car and defogging windows?

It's a general question on overall observations that experienced people would have done driving the car. I'm in Ontario and spend winter in Florida, this is a GREAT car for snowbirds. I've been able to do some identical trips with different modes trying to figure this out but sometimes it doesn't make sense (such as when eco is not eco). Your starting regimen points out the need for assigning configurations to keys (if it can assign seat position, why shouln't it assign mode). I'll bet you won't be using the HVAC off this winter (in Winnipeg)! What about getting fresh air in the car and defogging windows?
Oh yes, soon enough, the Heat Pump will be humming. I expect my range to by drop 25 to 30%.

I dread the thought of what may happen when Temps drop below -25'C.

Since I have no garage and park outside, I wonder how many times my car may not start.

Have to wait and see.

Last edited:
One thing you could try, is to put a cover over your vehicle when cold weather is expected.

That could also have the advantage of making it easier in the morning, because you'd be able to remove the cover with all the ice and snow on it, leaving clean windows below.

(I've seen youtubes where people but a cover on the windscreen and plastic bags over their mirrors for this reason.)

Back