Outlander 2024 PHEV brakes

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdnkorean

Hello everyone
I'm a proud new owner of a 2024 phev outlander. My first EV type car.
I'm loving it so far and am very impressed with the EV part.

One thing I noticed are the brakes are not tight. I don't know how to describe it.
But it feels like the brake is too squishy(loose) until near the end where it is too sensitive.
So it's hard to come to a smooth stop because it is loose until the end where the brake gets harder to push.

Also when I let go of the brake, there's a sound like spring or something like the brake springs back to the top.

Is this normal for an EV?

Thx

I have a 2024 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.

My issue is a mirror refection of what you are having @cdnkorean - there's a sound like spring or something like the brake springs back to the top. It sometimes is a mild "click" and sometimes a loud "clunk".

I heard two different stories from the service manager.

1) Its the actuator, therefore it might be that they need to change the entire bake pedal assembly (which he changed his version when I called it to be changed. He said, he needs to AGAIN diagnose the issue).
2) The pins in the brake assembly are not greased therefore they make such noise by default. After the 24K service, the noise will disappear. Load of BS (but I nodded and made him feel he convinced me).

Still only few weeks old Mitsubishi outlander, and I am disappointed.

Back