MY 2023 PHEV MMCS too bright

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themaiz

The MMCS screen on my PHEV is blindingly bright at night, and I can't work out how to make it less bright. The only screen brightness references that I found in the manual are related to the cameras. That would seem implausible, and you can't make that adjustment while driving, which makes it seem even more implausible. I couldn't find a setting in settings.

Does anyone have some advice on how to de-brightify the MMCS screen? I need the info before Mrs TheMaiz refuses to drive the car. Yes, I'm a bit desperate, and feeling particularly stupid. But I know it's the car and not me - the MMCS is just one seriously polarising experience after another!

Isn't there a button in the row below the display screen with a crescent moon icon on it? If I remember correctly, that toggles between day and night modes and displays a brightness scale which you can adjust.

Martin

Well. This is embarassing. Yes, exactly where you said, and exactly where I was staring and couldn't see from the passenger seat. In my defence, I did a solid job looking up the manual, which did not find the word "bright" or... much else that was helpful.

So the button does day (with adjustable brightness setting), auto (with adjustable brightness setting, and it thought I must have been in the dark because it displays "night" while the car is in the garage). I couldn't select "night", but I did find out how to turn the display off completely.

Keywords added to help the next person who searches for "brightness", "dim", "day", "night", "index", "can't find". and "stupid". 😁

Mission accomplished, and thanks Maby!

PS: and in the process I sorted out how to associate the electronic key with a user profile, and sorted out user profiles for both of us, and learned how user profiles also store map info. All completely opaque until now. Double plus benefit for the cost of the post. 👌

Back