Just done my 6 monthly drive battery test.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
t3lmo said:
Trex said:
t3lmo said:
That's why debating battery range with driving test is... useless waste of time.
Everyone does it different, and on several conditions with its own car :roll:
What does this mean?
Means that a lot of variables can affect the 'range equation': SOC, temperature, humidity, wind, path, level and period of regeneration, throttle, etc.
If you want to measure things, home made speaking, you must go for the 'stored energy' (in kWh), that will 'give you the range' later on.

Over time you will see that, like I did on my 30.000km electric scooter in 3 years.

Ooh "all hail" the electric "king" on his electric scooter that knows best.

You do know that as our Phevs age (aging may not just be in the hv battery alone when permanent magnet electric motors are involved) our electric range will reduce? I am just measuring that phenomenon using a control (Phev when first bought) in the most consistent manner I can produce.

Again I will let my results speak for themselves.

PS I will definitely not be debating the "king" on this subject again as that would be a useless waste of time. :lol: :lol:

I still think coasting (esp. in B0) has a big impact on mileage.

Yesterday I did a 21 mile round trip in Sarf Lundun, mainly stop/start with some dual carriageway at up to 40mph. It took an hour each way, so that gives you some idea of traffic conditions. :cry: As it was generally uphill outward, there was some regen on the return but, of course, I had "paid" for this earlier. Ambient temp was 16c and I also did a couple of runs earlier/later which added about 4 miles.

Apart from a burst of ICE to avoid a truck when turning right this was all on EV and still showed 2 miles range at the end of the day. So about 27 miles for one charge - about normal, I'd say.

However, due to being in B0, even in stop/start driving and uphill, this involved quite a lot of coasting and depending on the traffic I am quite prepared to drop 5-10 mph before touching the accelerator - even on level ground.

My point is that we don't (?) know how much of the 32 miles/50km achieved by Mitsu (or anybody else's own tests) were done when coasting with the EV disengaged.

greendwarf said:
My point is that we don't (?) know how much of the 32 miles/50km achieved by Mitsu (or anybody else's own tests) were done when coasting with the EV disengaged.

Hi greendwarf,

I use the ACC mainly to get consistent speeds (B0 not available). Again look at my results.

Regards Trex.

Trex said:
greendwarf said:

Hi greendwarf,

I use the ACC mainly to get consistent speeds (B0 not available). Again look at my results.

Regards Trex.

And does the car coast?

greendwarf said:
And does the car coast?

Yes it would on certain downhill grades that were not too steep that regen came on. The good thing about it is always the same hill because I am traveling the same route etc etc. It is all about being consistent to do a range ev test.

Trex said:
PS I will definitely not be debating ...
After testing (part of my job) most of the electric vehicles in the market (cars and bikes) in the last few years, and over time, you will get the idea I was trying to explain.

t3lmo said:
After testing (part of my job) most of the electric vehicles in the market (cars and bikes) in the last few years, and over time, you will get the idea I was trying to explain.

"All hail the electric king because he has spoken and one day I too will learn how great and wise the electric king is" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually I will debate with you because you make me laugh and I love a good laugh.

Listen t3lmo I actually said in a previous post and I quote:

"Yes there is many ways to measure capacity of batteries including what t3lmo correctly states by measuring what goes in when charging but there is nothing like IMO the "wheels to the road" approach if done to consistent testing criteria."

You measure what goes into the hv battery I measure what come out in the most consistent manner I can do it and I will keep saying it my results speak for themselves. I enjoy doing my battery tests every 6mths and I will keep doing them for as long a I keep the Phev mainly because I probably do not drive it as much as everybody else here on this forum, wife and kids and even my employees are probably even driving it more than me, and I look forward to any excuse to get in it.

Just remember you were stating my test as being not the "proper" way of testing which will always make me get a little on edge.

Yes. The dealer would be able to hook up the MUT3 after fully recharging and supply a printout of the Ah and voltage for 100%SOC. Generally a service does not include fully recharging the battery, or providing any battery data.

gwatpe said:
Yes. The dealer would be able to hook up the MUT3 after fully recharging and supply a printout of the Ah and voltage for 100%SOC. Generally a service does not include fully recharging the battery, or providing any battery data.

Ok thanks for that.

Back