Front wipers stopped working?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckracer76

Front wipers stopped working. Absolute nightmare.

Wipers failed 2-weeks ago on M25 just outside London. Nearly caused an accident. I was driving my wife to airport in torrential rain, heavy traffic and wipers stopped in upright position at 60mph overtaking a truck. Quite scary. Managed to get safely over to hard shoulder.

Thankfully it was daytime although hard shoulder may have been a SMART intermittent lane. Not ideal situation.

Wipers strangely returned to off position but no longer working. Could hear wiper stalk make a clicking sound when activated but wipers not moving. Rain was biblical so unable to continue safely and forced to call for help.

Front windshield washer jets still working. Rear wiper and washer jet still working. All very odd.

Roadside assistance truck came but driver mechanic was unable to get wipers working. He checked fuses, relays and motor. Poor guy was soaked. He kindly dropped wife off at airport and recovered me and car back to Wales. They dropped Outlander off at local Mitsubishi dealer at my request.

Still waiting to be seen…

Hopefully repair will be covered under Mitsubishi Extended Warranty. I’ll report back once dealer has inspected it.

Back