Coming Back?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You made a goooooood choice. All your choices are based on the fact what you need and Outlander is most fit car, I guess.

Unfortunately, my needs are not close to yours. I live in Florida, USA and no snow at all. So no need of all wheel drive. I live alone and old retired man. No need to carry people whatsoever. All roads are flat and paved. Ha Ha Ha... I bought this car because of cheap price. And I found the reason why it is so cheap after I buy this, compare to other manufacturer cars. Thus, I am one of the guy who do not love the car. I need more time to find out the way how to love this car.

Best wishes
We believe so; plus it was fun learning all the cool features that EVs and PHEVs have, like high-regen, one-pedal driving.

But yeah - we love this car it is perfect for our needs. Three years in, now, and we still think it's the best passenger car we've ever owned. The only one that comes close is my wife's car of the 90s - a 1994 Subaru Legacy RS Turbo sedan. That car stands out in my memory as having fewer problems and better performance over a longer period than anything else we've owned - we put over 150,000 miles on it, and did nothing but change the lubricants, wiper blades, tires and brake pads.

So far, soooo goood. 👍🏼🏕️🚙

Going back to my original thread. Does anyone know the difference between the 2016/17 version head unit and the post 2017 head unit regarding functionality etc.
When I had my 2016 facelift it had the head unit with the volume control knob and yes I did think it was a bit clunky in operation, it also made me realise that I am not a fan of touchscreen controls. The newer head units appear to be totally touchscreen. Does the system operate any better in the newer head units (I have never used Apple car play) and how do others find touchscreen operation?

Thinking a bit more about my choices.
If you had up to £15k to spend:-
- would you buy an Outlander PHEV or would you buy another make/model?
- would you given the option to buy another car would you choose the Outlander PHEV again?
- do you consider the Outlander PHEV reliable?
- would you buy a facelift 2016-18 model with up to 60k miles or a 2019+ model with hopefully fewer miles given that I am not overly sold on touchscreen controls?
- is the 2.4l model so very much better than the 2.0l model given that neither is a sports car?

Thinking a bit more about my choices.
If you had up to £15k to spend:-
- would you buy an Outlander PHEV or would you buy another make/model?
- would you given the option to buy another car would you choose the Outlander PHEV again?
- do you consider the Outlander PHEV reliable?
- would you buy a facelift 2016-18 model with up to 60k miles or a 2019+ model with hopefully fewer miles given that I am not overly sold on touchscreen controls?
- is the 2.4l model so very much better than the 2.0l model given that neither is a sports car?
I'd put it towards a Skoda Superb PHEV. The Skoda would have been my choice in 2014 when I wanted a new car but was still pure ICE. Now I can get a new one in the UK (unlike the Mitsu) but with almost twice the EV range. Nothing wrong with my Mitsu have loved driving it for the last 10 years but 20 miles range is now too short for my regular drives. 😥

Back