B5 default?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Chris

Can I ask you why you select B5? I'm a new owner and when I start up I set to B0 and only use B5 by paddling on down hill stretches and as a replacement to the foot brake where possible to recharge the EV battery. I was just curious why you would start off in B5, am I missing something?

Thanks
Pete
Lots of 1:6/15% hills where I live (Chilterns, England), so B5 makes the most of regeneration. With experience, you can 'balance' the accelerator to get close to the effect of B0. If you don't drive EVs all the time, B0 can 'catch you out' because there's no slowing down at all, unlike what you get in an ICE when you lift off the accelerator while in gear (I think B2=D is intended to most closely replicate that experience).

It's a 'loudspeaker' icon (with a corresponding warning light on the dash. The button to operate it is below and to the right of the steering wheel (on my British 2016 spec model, YMMV).
Many thanks Chris. I'm excited that after two years of ownership I find I have buttons I never new existed.

:)

On my model, it makes the 'cylon sound' a semi-musical woobly-woobly sound at low speeds.

You can turn it off with a switch on the Dashboard.
I don't turn mine off because otherwise the only thing to alert pedestrians is the horn if you are travelling slowly along a residential road.

Back