Adjusting the air flow

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caldwell_

My car's AC always blows air to my feet when I set it to automatic. I want it to blow to my feet and windshield. Can I change that? Also, does the automatic setting help prevent fogging?

My car's AC always blows air to my feet when I set it to automatic. I want it to blow to my feet and windshield. Can I change that? Also, does the automatic setting help prevent fogging?
Hello Caldwell

Welcome to our Forum.

What Year is your vehicle.

For the 2018, 2022 and 2024, do not use Auto, but rather Press the Mode repeatedly untill you come to position for Windshield and Floor airflow the press Fan button to increase the Fan Speed.

Not sure about earlier Models

As already answered regarding the Mode (same for all years) and yes the A/C will demist the screen but remember once switched off it just dumps the moisture back again - oh, and the PHEV seems to suffer from excess internal condensation anyway, although I've never worked out why! 🙄

As already answered regarding the Mode (same for all years) and yes the A/C will demist the screen but remember once switched off it just dumps the moisture back again - oh, and the PHEV seems to suffer from excess internal condensation anyway, although I've never worked out why! 🙄
It doesn't dump all of the moisture back to the windscreen, only that left condensed on the evaporator. Much more will have been condensed and drained away.

The trick is to use recirc so that all mpistyure gets removed from the cabin air, rather than try to continually dry outside air that is saturated. And when you stop, switch the mode to feet to close the path of the moist air away from the windscreen.

It doesn't dump all of the moisture back to the windscreen, only that left condensed on the evaporator. Much more will have been condensed and drained away.

The trick is to use recirc so that all mpistyure gets removed from the cabin air, rather than try to continually dry outside air that is saturated. And when you stop, switch the mode to feet to close the path of the moist air away from the windscreen.
Actually that is not the recommended method of getting rid of inside condensation, which is normally due to passengers breathing it out. You need to have the recirculation off and draw in drier outside air as a replacement - especially in Winter. The only time you would use the above method is in warm humid conditions, which is not normally a problem in the UK. 🤣

I was only an automotive HVAC engineer testing for global manufacturers in a climatic controlled wind tunnel for 12 years, what do I know about it?

You make your choices based on which has the highest relative humidity. When it's wet outside, warm or cold, I think you'll find it's outside. Inside may well start high, but on recirc it will come down continuously, whereas outside air will always stay high.

Back