16 amp to 13 amp

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeeves

Hi

We have a number of charging points at work which are all 16amp bandit dedicated charge points apparently - they look like the normal camping 16v socket. Thought about using a conversion socket to so I can plug in the 13 amp socket but on the charging lead it states no extensions or conversions. Given there seem to be many people using extensions leads wondered if anyone had used this type of conversion socket?

These should not be camping sockets but Mennekes sockets; inquire about the exact nature which should answer your question. I would not use them without a charger box unless the electronics, relays etc. are incorporated in the charging point (which would be implied by the use of Mennekes sockets).
I doubt, btw, that anybody in his right mind would install 16V gear in a 240 V circuit.

Cheers, sounds like I need some proper advice on how I can plug in, bit frustrating as they are sat there and free to use, just wrong type!

This type of thing: http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Electrical/d190/Industrial+Connectors/sd2430/Fly+Lead+Socket+Convertor/p91715

Also, similar on Amazon, and depending on supplier may be cheaper.

Yes PeterGalbavy that is what I was thinking - looks quite simple and wondered if anyone else had successfully used them. But post by jaapv makes me wonder if its that simple!

I have "both" ends and a 25m 2.5mm extension via an Amazon deal a couple of weeks ago but never used any of them yet. The item linked above looks well made from the outside, rubber socket for defense against dropping etc.

With respect to jaapv, I seem to recall a post last year referring to this type of socket being installed at UK hospitals. The OP here needs to do some digging around to see if the socket conversion worked.

Back