Volume buttons on steering wheel got squishy

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanm2

Anyone else? The "Up" volume button on my steering wheel doesn't "click" anymore when I press it, but instead just softly squishes down without any tactile feedback. It still works, but I'm wondering for how long now.

this is happening to me, the plungers underath have become stuck on to the contact of themebrane switch, mitsubishi in hamilton ontario is trying to charge me 900 dollars for a new steering column to fix. its a 15 dollar part and 10 minute job to replace the switch.

My steering wheel volume - button on my 2023 was failing with the squishy feeling. It would cause the radio volume to go all the way off and also turn the radio on randomly. Mine was a covered failure, covered by my warranty and the steering wheel button assembly was replaced.

I had very bad experience with Mitsubishi dealer at LA also. My rear trunk opener remote button never work since day one in 2018. The dealer showed me I had to press the button twice at a few second interval to make it work, what a stupid OEM design. My Lexus RX worked all the time just a slight press of the button from 30 feet away. I didn't bother & just use the trunk button manually.

Anyone else? The "Up" volume button on my steering wheel doesn't "click" anymore when I press it, but instead just softly squishes down without any tactile feedback. It still works, but I'm wondering for how long now.
Same situation on my 2023 PHEV

Back