temp extremes PHEV has been driven in.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwatpe

We have recently had some hotter weather here in AUS. Have seen 46C on the dash indicator while driving. Have to say that AirCon was not very effective. Very glad for the 99% solar & heat rejecting window film.

gwatpe said:
We have recently had some hotter weather here in AUS. Have seen 46C on the dash indicator while driving. Have to say that AirCon was not very effective. Very glad for the 99% solar & heat rejecting window film.
46c makes a British summer look very tame!

Memories though of 1976, me aged 9, getting into dad's Ford Granada estate. Leather seats, no air-con and wearing shorts is not a good combination!!

MHS said:
gwatpe said:

Memories though of 1976, me aged 9, getting into dad's Ford Granada estate. Leather seats, no air-con and wearing shorts is not a good combination!!

Even worse for those with vinyl :eek:

greendwarf said:
MHS said:
gwatpe said:

Even worse for those with vinyl :eek:

I think you may be right, dad's were probably vinyl.

44c here yesterday. No issue with the A/C what so ever, even in Eco mode.

Managed about 47km on batteries alone at freeway speeds as well.

We had a few above 40 Degree days in Sydney and A/C was great even in ECO mode,which was very surprising because PHEV having so much volume inside to cool, I thought A/C would not handle above 40 degree days not so well. We were very comfy in PHEV with A/C set to 24 degrees.
May be it comes down to personal prefrences. I know people running their A/Cs in their vehicles at minimum temperature (17-18 degrees) in ordinary summer days in Sydney (low 30s) and complaining that it is not cool enough in the car whereas I would freeze in that car after 5 mins.

I drove mine in -30 C a few days ago. It made some squeeking noises but other than that it was pretty ok. Had to run the defroster in order not to fog up the windscreen :) Fuel consumption was pretty bad (was running on empty battery at the time)

Back