Should I be worried about the short driver visibility?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVplease94

Hello,

What height is too short for short driver visibility?
I want to buy a 2022 Outlander PHEV, but I won't be the only driver. And I am worried that a shorter person wouldn't be able to see well because of the dash/hood.
Any thoughts?

No better way to judge that, than to get them to sit in a car before you buy it.

Note that the steering wheel is height adjustable.

In my case, I have to use it at the highest position, otherwise it obscures the instruments*, but a smaller person would probably appreciate having it lower down after they get behind the wheel.

* I'm reasonably tall, used to be 6'2" but am now probably only 6' ...

(Age is a cruel tyrant.)

Hello,

I want to buy a 2022 Outlander PHEV, but I won't be the only driver. And I am worried that a shorter person wouldn't be able to see well because of the dash/hood.
Any thoughts?
Just to add.

The higher end Models do have fully adjustable seats for the driver as well as for the front passenger.

As Andy indicated, the Steering Wheel is adjustable Up/Down

I am 5'5" and girlfriend 5'3" and my 2024 GT Model has Memory seat settings for both front seats.

Can't recall if my 2022 did.

Memory also goes with age, as does our height. I used to be 5'6".

Andre

Last edited:
My wife is 5' 0" and she feels a tad better with a memory foam cushion on her seat. it only raises her about an inch when compressed but it does the trick. The last few weeks tho, she hasn't used it as it's been in the other car, so obviously no big deal.
Our GT Premium seats have the memory and are height adjustable so that must help. But it would be nice if they went a bit higher.

No better way to judge that, than to get them to sit in a car before you buy it.

Note that the steering wheel is height adjustable.

In my case, I have to use it at the highest position, otherwise it obscures the instruments*, but a smaller person would probably appreciate having it lower down after they get behind the wheel.

* I'm reasonably tall, used to be 6'2" but am now probably only 6' ...

(Age is a cruel tyrant.)
Hello Andy. I think I'll sign off here for a month or so till my posts don't require approval. I thought I'd let you know as you are a Moderator.
Thanks.
Dave

Hello,

Any thoughts?
I'm not sure that "short" in terms of height is that relevant to any car (other than headroom). Unless you mean someone with unusual proportions i.e. long legs but short body. Otherwise, an overall "shorter" person (like my late wife @ 5 foot nothing) would have the seat further forward so that she could reach the pedals and so compensate for her lower eye-level if she were to sit further back in the position I would have the drivers seat.

That said, the view forward for most drivers does not include the bonnet anyway! 😎

Back