Running B5 and electric

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rambotan

The car won't let me use the strongest regen brakes when I'm in electric mode. I don't understand why. I found a way to use them anyway, but I'm still curious why it's set up this way.

The car won't let me use the strongest regen brakes when I'm in electric mode. I don't understand why. I found a way to use them anyway, but I'm still curious why it's set up this way.
Hi rambotan

Welcome to the Forum.

You must be driving a 2023 or newer Model.

I drive a 2924 and for the life of me, I see absolutely no reason for the newer Models to do this and truly belive it is either Software glitch or bad programing.

I previously owned a 2018 and 2022 and I had no problem using Regen with B3, B4 or B5 independent of the Battery Level.

The explanation that has been given is that while the Battery has 55% of Battery power or Higher that the Engine spins to disaster the heat but this makes absolutely no sense because when driving at say 50km/h and Regen Pedal is moved from B0 to B1 the car slows down, on B2 slows down further but once it is moved to B3, the ICe starts but the car does not slow down any further, nor does it in B4 or B5, so that explanation is incorrect.

You say that you found a way to use B3 B4 or B5 without the ICE kicking in. Please share.

Only way I found I vould use stronger regen is when the Battery state is lower than 55%

Back