Replace 2018 Outlander PHEV Smart Key

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby84

I ordered a new OEM key online, but have not been able to get it to pair with the car. Has anyone been able to pair a key on their own or do I need to bring to someone with a programmer?
Thanks

We only had the one key that came with the car (2018 GT purchased from a dealer in 2023) and wanted another for obvious reasons so purchased an OEM online. After talking to several independent auto key companies that were either mobile or close by I learned that it was unique enough in the car world that they couldn't do it with their programming equipment. So took it to our local (30 miles away) dealer and paid them to do it. It was about $250US to have them pair it. Suffice to say, we have AirTags on both keys :)

I ordered OEM key from AliExpress for about $20. Got it coded in a keylocker shop nearby for $70 and a new metal key cut for $10, so for a total of $100 I got a second key.

I ordered a new OEM key online, but have not been able to get it to pair with the car. Has anyone been able to pair a key on their own or do I need to bring to someone with a programmer?
Thanks
Take it to BAtteries are us or another, they will not only get you a key, but program it in and give it a life time warranty. That's what I did to save over the factory cost.

Take it to BAtteries are us or another, they will not only get you a key, but program it in and give it a life time warranty. That's what I did to save over the factory cost.
I went to a local locksmith with an after-market fob that I paid to $24 Amazon. The locksmith could not get the Amazon fob to pair with my 2018 Outlander PHEV. If they had, the charge would have been $85 for the pairing and cutting the included emergency key. There was no charge since they could not get the fob to pair. So, I purchased an actual Mitsubishi fob for $105 and took it back to the same locksmith. After about 30 minutes, they got it to pair, but the power liftgate would not operate. After about 10 minutes of constantly trying, the liftgate decided to lift and close. Duh? They cut the new emergency key and I paid $85. I hope the liftgate continues to operate.

Thanks
Bring it to your local locksmith to have it programmed. Just make sure they're reputable.

Thanks
You are too far! No more than 50$, to programm nee key.

Back