Rapid charge past 80%

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watsoma

Today i plugged in my phev to a local rapid charger whilst i nipped to grab lunch. I noticed that the car had 69% charge (as reported by the charging unit) but figured that was ok as i would be 10 mins and the car would stop at 80% ......

When i returned to the car, it was still charging but it had reached 88%. I thought the car was supposed to stop the charge at 80% ?!

I manually stopped the charge (fearing the worst) but it seems ok for now !!

Has anyone experinced this before ??

Cheers
Mark

watsoma said:
Today i plugged in my phev to a local rapid charger whilst i nipped to grab lunch. I noticed that the car had 69% charge (as reported by the charging unit) but figured that was ok as i would be 10 mins and the car would stop at 80% ......

When i returned to the car, it was still charging but it had reached 88%. I thought the car was supposed to stop the charge at 80% ?!

I manually stopped the charge (fearing the worst) but it seems ok for now !!

Has anyone experinced this before ??

Cheers
Mark

Yup its normal, If you start with a high enough charge already (can't remember exact level) it will charge on to 100% no problem.

I would avoid stopping Rapid Charge if possible.. it can, if very, very unlucky, cause a communication error which leaves the car disabled and needing recovery!!!

Back