MPSS touch screen faulty

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danaeal2002

Hi, to whom it may concern,

Three weeks ago, suddenly, the touch screen of the MPSS from my Mishi Outlander PHEV 2020 started to function randomly. It was at such extent that in one hour it was impossible to use the MPSS at all.
I called the vendor's support, and they invite me to check the SN of the MPSS. They confirmed the MPSS was under warranty, and all finished by “we will call you once MITSUBISHI will advise if yes or no, they agree to replace the MPSS”. How long shall I wait, nobody could give an answer.
As I need the car with ALL its features, including nav and media, I decided to remove and open the MPSS. With some nylon spudger/opener and care, one may do it without damaging the vehicle.
Once the MPSS open and few tests, I understood that the Pb comes from the touch screen "digitizer" itself. I ordered a new equivalent one from a Chinese vendor and fortunately I replaced the faulty one. It works perfectly for one week in cold and humid conditions actually winter in EU.
I just wanted to share with you in case you face same problem I want to solve it. Of course, MTSUBISHI will argue that once opened, you will lose the warranty. One may answer that the warranty has also obligation from the constructor as well, known as service level agreement and includes reparation delay. So...
Feel free to contact me if interested,

Hi Danaeal, was the MPSS unit eventually replaced under the warranty, even after you fixed it yourself? I'm about to buy a car which already has this problem (and will be fixed under the warranty, but they estimate 5-6 months) and am trying to assess my risk.

Hi, to whom it may concern,

Three weeks ago, suddenly, the touch screen of the MPSS from my Mishi Outlander PHEV 2020 started to function randomly. It was at such extent that in one hour it was impossible to use the MPSS at all.
I called the vendor's support, and they invite me to check the SN of the MPSS. They confirmed the MPSS was under warranty, and all finished by “we will call you once MITSUBISHI will advise if yes or no, they agree to replace the MPSS”. How long shall I wait, nobody could give an answer.
As I need the car with ALL its features, including nav and media, I decided to remove and open the MPSS. With some nylon spudger/opener and care, one may do it without damaging the vehicle.
Once the MPSS open and few tests, I understood that the Pb comes from the touch screen "digitizer" itself. I ordered a new equivalent one from a Chinese vendor and fortunately I replaced the faulty one. It works perfectly for one week in cold and humid conditions actually winter in EU.
I just wanted to share with you in case you face same problem I want to solve it. Of course, MTSUBISHI will argue that once opened, you will lose the warranty. One may answer that the warranty has also obligation from the constructor as well, known as service level agreement and includes reparation delay. So...
Feel free to contact me if interested,
We just bought a used 2020 PHEV with the same issue. The touch screen make half the screens useless.
1. Did you hear back from the manufacturer?
2. Do you have the link to the digitizer you ordered?

thanks!

I have the same issue with my 2020 GT.
Dealer told me it was not covered under warranty because there is only 3 year coverage for the radio/ entertainment system.
They quoted me $2500 to replace the whole head unit.
I havnt talked with them about just replacing the digitizer.
They didn’t seem to acknowledge that this is a very common problem with these cars.

I spoke with dealership here in Canada. They said Mitsubishi would only replace it under 3yrs/60k. Then they said it was 1200 to 5k to replace with OEM. I'm a software developer who has replace enough ipad screens to know that's nonsense. I used a mouse too and it works perfectly. That means its just the touch screen. I have a 50 USD replacement arriving from Amazon in 2 days. I found 2 videos how to install it.

Hi all, got the same situation with touch screen malfunctioning but a USB mouse working. However, I cannot plug in my phone (Android Auto) at the same time. Is there a work-around for this? I tried an USB splitter but this was not supported by the car. I don't know whether this specific type of USB splitter wasn't supported or that the general concept of USB splitter and connecting multiple devices is not supported. Anyone has experience with this?

I had the same problem with my 2020. I went to the dealer who said it was out of warranty and to replace the unit it would be $4,000. He said they could take the old one out and send it for repair and it would be $1850. I said no dice. I watched a few YouTube videos and found the part on ebay (new) for $24.99. I could have bought it from temu for $7.49, but I figured... what the heck... I'll go for the big bucks. It's a little involved but I did the job in a little less than an hour. Now works like a charm. Dealers are thieves.

Back