Hiya from Wales!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve

Welcome to our Forum.
HI Steve, I've got a 2020 UK spec "Dynamic" bought it a year ago and done about 10k in it.
I spent loads of time researching the thing, you tube reviews forums etc, I didn't drive one until I bought it online! I've also got a Transit custom van 2.2 Diesel 125ps for work that I've done 155k miles in from new, we live in Cornwall lots of hills, my advice to you and anyone else thinking of the hybrid, e-ctv box!,Outlander etc, is have a decent test drive! I'm a very experienced driver, vans, cars, plant, non HGV lorries etc and motorcycles.
Coming from the Transit, I thought I knew what to expect! Let's just say it's like "marmite" sometimes I'd rather take the van than bother with Outlander, to drive without "ding dongs" "bing bongs" and a half a dozen other things that make you say why! Is just more enjoyable!

I have 1 2022 PHEV since Aug 2024. I bought used one. I've learned a lot of PHEV science not shown in front or in the User Manual. After sometime, I found many users do not understand the reason why the SAVE/CHARGE button exists in this car. So, they use them under their guess as the 2 words imprinted. It real meaning is HOLD battery Level for Next use after Charge/ Charge Battery up to 80% for Next Use. Designers should select proper words for their functions to avoid any misunderstanding by the word itself. This button has no other function at all. The more you use this button for your interest, the more gas consumed.

Good luck to you

Lived in Cornwall for a year at St Agnes, worst roads on the planet. Still shudder to think of that JCB decapitating some poor sods who couldn't get out of the way of the boom due to the cornish hedges. Anyway have a 2020 GRS here in Oz and am just getting bigger better tyres fitted.

Lived in Cornwall for a year at St Agnes, worst roads on the planet. Still shudder to think of that JCB decapitating some poor sods who couldn't get out of the way of the boom due to the cornish hedges. Anyway have a 2020 GRS here in Oz and am just getting bigger better tyres fitted.
Lovely roads down here, keeps the Emmits happy anyway, the crash on St Columb road was very sad, it was on my normal route home from St Mawgan, I got diverted shortly after it happened, the news showed a damaged car that looked like a lad from another section that I often followed home, I was pretty relieved to see his car in the carpark the next morning. Small world really "Good dayyy" "Me Ansome".

Hi Steve

Welcome to our Forum.
Thank you, so far after neartly 2 weeks all good except the touchscreen 'digitiser' not working so can't select anything by touch. Saw a hack on Youtube, plug a reg mouse with USB into usb on dash and click and get cursor up on screen. You can now access it all using mouse. Dealer has ordered new part and will wait. Am loving driving it even if after a charge it says 20 miles batt which goes down to aboutn 11 after a couple of miles. I did see its called the guessometer!
I'm charging from reg socket in garage. Would I be better getting a dedicated charger in al fitted. OVO energy will supply & for for £914. Seems expensive but would then charge at 7p per kwh instead of 25. I'm guessing I wouldn't get any better charge with it, just a bit faster.

Thank you, so far after neartly 2 weeks all good except the touchscreen 'digitiser' not working so can't select anything by touch. Saw a hack on Youtube, plug a reg mouse with USB into usb on dash and click and get cursor up on screen. You can now access it all using mouse. Dealer has ordered new part and will wait. Am loving driving it even if after a charge it says 20 miles batt which goes down to aboutn 11 after a couple of miles. I did see its called the guessometer!
I'm charging from reg socket in garage. Would I be better getting a dedicated charger in al fitted. OVO energy will supply & for for £914. Seems expensive but would then charge at 7p per kwh instead of 25. I'm guessing I wouldn't get any better charge with it, just a bit faster.
Hi, I did the mouse trick it worked for a few weeks but then the thing went mental, constantly changing the radio channels, ringing people and beeping constantly, I ended up pulling the plug out the back, I bought a new screen from fleebay and fitted it myself while we waited 6 months+ for the replacement from Mitsubishi, the copy screen worked perfectly and was simple to replace ( instructions on YouTube), the car went in for the warranty replacement with the new screen unplugged inside just incase they rechecked it.
I've got a Victron 7kw charger (22kw on 3phase) I've noticed that the battery still takes a small amount of charge 100w to 350w for quite a while after it says fully charged, it's probably balancing the cells, living in Cornwall with loads of hills the EV range gauge is useless, I can literally start with 21miles, drive 7 miles and end up gaining 1mile on the gauge then go from 22 to 8 in half a mile on a hill.

Back