Hello

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukkml

Hi,

New owner of a 2019 PHEV 4work, replacing my Land Rover Discovery. Home to Office is only 7 miles so took the plunge as the Disco didnt even warm up in that journey so was going to end up ruining it. The PHEV has grown on me, will be planning a few minor mods - underseat speaker and also a bulkhead between load area and cab.

Hi,

New owner of a 2019 PHEV 4work, replacing my Land Rover Discovery. Home to Office is only 7 miles so took the plunge as the Disco didnt even warm up in that journey so was going to end up ruining it. The PHEV has grown on me, will be planning a few minor mods - underseat speaker and also a bulkhead between load area and cab.
Welcome to our Forum ukkml

You made a great choice by purchasing your 2019 PHEV.

Enjoy your ride.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am a new owner of 2022, too. My journey is short also. So, I was happy with a dream of not fueling gas for a year. But I heard bad news from here that I have to refuel the tank with 20 liters of gasoline every 90 days. Otherwise, the car warns me that I am using old gas, that will damage ICE. My dream has been broken. I set Sport mode all the time now, thinking this will runs ICE to consume some gas. Fuel efficiency is not existing in my dictionary. It has not been 90 days yet after I fill up the tank. Still my tank is full in display and I will see the warning soon. If the tank has no space for 20 liter, I don't know how to deal with it. Did you know this before you buy your car?

It's no big deal.

If you get the warning, you use the car as a normal vehicle, until you have adequate space for new fuel. (Depending on how much you use the car, this could be days/weeks etc.)

The car starts easily/instantly, and continues to be hassle-free.

There's no need to keep the fuel tank full, and the more weight you carry, the more reduced your electric range.

I was surprised the first time I saw the message, but now haven't seen it for years.

Because I use approximately 40 litres of fuel per year.

(My vehicle the message only appears after six months of no fuel use.)

The 90 days thing is more recent I think.

It's no big deal.

If you get the warning, you use the car as a normal vehicle, until you have adequate space for new fuel. (Depending on how much you use the car, this could be days/weeks etc.)

The car starts easily/instantly, and continues to be hassle-free.

There's no need to keep the fuel tank full, and the more weight you carry, the more reduced your electric range.

I was surprised the first time I saw the message, but now haven't seen it for years.

Because I use approximately 40 litres of fuel per year.

(My vehicle the message only appears after six months of no fuel use.)

The 90 days thing is more recent I think.
Thank you. Great advice all the time

Back