Heater question

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To diagnose and fix your heating issue, you need to carry out some steps:

1. There could be stuck airflaps. To reset/fix this, you need to put the car into ACC2 mode, push AUTO on the HVAC controls, and then press the MODE button 20 times, pausing for about 5 seconds between each press.

2. If this doesn't help, the cabin temperature sensor might be blocked with fluff/dust, and/or other stuff. It's located behind the gashes on the dashboard near the steering column. You can clean that with a compressed air can.

3. The cabin heater matrix might be blocked. You can check on YouTube to learn how to fix this or find a garage to do it for you.

4. The 4-way valve might be blocked. You can check on YouTube to learn how to fix this or find a garage to do it for you.

5. If none of the above fixes the issue with heating, you are probably looking at a broken electric heater or electric pump, especially if it heats fine from the engine.
Great info I’ll be giving all that a try tomorrow
So far I’ve cleared and cleaned the in-line filter but wasn’t feeling confident enough to do the four-way mixing valve filter assembly but I’ll take a look on YouTube and see if there’s much out there thanks again

Back