Demister

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tigerwater

Can you help.? I've had my 4s for 3 months and throughout that time I have failed to understand the demister. Now the winter is here I cannot get the windscreen to clear in any acceptable timeframe; days when the mist on the inside has frozen it is just impossible. I surely must be doing something wrong? Can anyone help? Do you also get cold feet in this car? The vents just seem to be inadequate or simply badly placed?

Tigerwater said:
Can you help.? I've had my 4s for 3 months and throughout that time I have failed to understand the demister. Now the winter is here I cannot get the windscreen to clear in any acceptable timeframe; days when the mist on the inside has frozen it is just impossible. I surely must be doing something wrong? Can anyone help? Do you also get cold feet in this car? The vents just seem to be inadequate or simply badly placed?

I find the demist button to work pretty well, although most demisting in the morning is usually done by the time I get in, making use of the remote timed demist. But I also find that the foot well heating is pretty ineffective; no big deal until we get to January and my shoes are covered in snow!

DrSlackBladder said:
Tigerwater said:

I find the demist button to work pretty well, although most demisting in the morning is usually done by the time I get in, making use of the remote timed demist. But I also find that the foot well heating is pretty ineffective; no big deal until we get to January and my shoes are covered in snow!

Somewhere in the configuration screens, you can change the balance between air blown up and blown down into the footwell

maby said:
DrSlackBladder said:
Tigerwater said:

Somewhere in the configuration screens, you can change the balance between air blown up and blown down into the footwell

I raised the issue of condensation inside the car sometime ago but since the weather has got colder and I've used the demister with aircon the problem has not recurred - so perhaps it was the car settling down. I only use it when the screen starts to fog up, especially when stationary. When on the move the ventilation seems to keep the screen clear most of the time - not set to recirculate and mode set to screen only. I don't get any draught to the feet unless I change the mode to do so and only do that with the heating on. I've found it toasty warm but then I'm using the ICE as this is a Gxh3.

Back