Coolant for Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV 2017

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bijoytv

Hi Team Members,

I purchased a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV 2017 in the month of March 2024. I would like to know which coolant to be used. I did a service 2 days back and they mentioned coolant is in good level. Now I'm planning for a trip to Wales and I thought of buying a coolant that is required for the trip. When I checked with Halford the website is recommending pink color but when check with Kwik Fit they are saying it is green color.

I'm confused. Can someone help me on this? Shall I fill-in normal water if it required during the trip to Wales?

A help will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

BR
Bijoy

Hi Bijoy.

I'm sure the coolant is blue.
MZ320125 MITSUBISHI SUPER LONG LIFE COOLANT

From the 2017 owners manual:

Anti-freeze:
The engine coolant and the plug-in hybrid EV system coolant contains an ethylene glycol anti-corrosion agent.
Some parts of the engine and the plug-in hybrid EV system are cast aluminium alloy, and periodic changing of the engine coolant and the plug-in hybrid EV system coolant are necessary to prevent corrosion of these parts.
Use “MITSUBISHI MOTORS GENUINE SUPER LONG LIFE COOLANT PREMIUM” or equivalent*.

MITSUBISHI MOTORS GENUINE Coolant has excellent protection against corrosion and rust formation of all metals including aluminium and can avoid blockages in the radiator, heater, cylinder head, engine block, etc. Because of the necessity of this anti-corrosion agent, the coolant must not be replaced with plain water even in summer.

The required concentration of anti-freeze differs depending on the expected ambient temperature.
Above -35 °C: 50 % concentration of antifreeze*similar high quality ethylene glycol based non-silicate, non-amine, non-nitrate and non-borate coolant with long life hybridorganic acid technology Below -35 °C: 60 % concentration of antifreeze.

CAUTION Do not use alcohol or methanol anti-freeze or any engine coolants mixed with alcohol or methanol anti-freeze.
The use of an improper anti-freeze can cause corrosion of the aluminium components.

Do not use water to adjust the concentration of coolant.

Concentrations exceeding 60 % will result in a reduction of both the anti-freeze and cooling performance thus adversely affecting the engine.
Do not top up with water only. Water by itself reduces the rust-protective and anti-freeze qualities of the coolant and has a lower boiling point. It can also cause damage to the cooling system if it should freeze.
Do not use tap water, as it can cause corrosion and rust formation.

1718952371095.png

Hi Bijoy.

I'm sure the coolant is blue.
MZ320125 MITSUBISHI SUPER LONG LIFE COOLANT

From the 2017 owners manual:

Anti-freeze:
The engine coolant and the plug-in hybrid EV system coolant contains an ethylene glycol anti-corrosion agent.
Some parts of the engine and the plug-in hybrid EV system are cast aluminium alloy, and periodic changing of the engine coolant and the plug-in hybrid EV system coolant are necessary to prevent corrosion of these parts.
Use “MITSUBISHI MOTORS GENUINE SUPER LONG LIFE COOLANT PREMIUM” or equivalent*.

MITSUBISHI MOTORS GENUINE Coolant has excellent protection against corrosion and rust formation of all metals including aluminium and can avoid blockages in the radiator, heater, cylinder head, engine block, etc. Because of the necessity of this anti-corrosion agent, the coolant must not be replaced with plain water even in summer.

The required concentration of anti-freeze differs depending on the expected ambient temperature.
Above -35 °C: 50 % concentration of antifreeze*similar high quality ethylene glycol based non-silicate, non-amine, non-nitrate and non-borate coolant with long life hybridorganic acid technology Below -35 °C: 60 % concentration of antifreeze.

CAUTION Do not use alcohol or methanol anti-freeze or any engine coolants mixed with alcohol or methanol anti-freeze.
The use of an improper anti-freeze can cause corrosion of the aluminium components.

Do not use water to adjust the concentration of coolant.

Concentrations exceeding 60 % will result in a reduction of both the anti-freeze and cooling performance thus adversely affecting the engine.
Do not top up with water only. Water by itself reduces the rust-protective and anti-freeze qualities of the coolant and has a lower boiling point. It can also cause damage to the cooling system if it should freeze.
Do not use tap water, as it can cause corrosion and rust formation.

View attachment 1324

Thanks @MrPastry

Your reply is a great relief for me. Yesterday, I checked with mechanic from Halford and he confirmed it is blue in the coolant tube now. I'll order the genuine one for future use. Now the coolant level is at MAX level for both hybrid and petrol and I hope it is enough for my London-Wales-London trip.

Once again thanks a lot for your reply. Much appreciated.

BR
Bijoy

Back