charging anomoly

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwatpe

Today was hot, almost 40C and the car had a few issues with the full battery recharge.

charging2.gif

Above was the record of how the battery recharged, recorded from my CC128professor logging system.

The circled sections are the car interrupting the recharge. this happened twice during the time the power cord was connected.

On this day, the battery took an extra 1kWh than normal to recharge from empty.

Car recharges with 2.2kW. Took over 5 hours. Maybe some magic happening in the battery department

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the charging system senses the battery temperature and will back off if they get too hot. The charging process does warm the batteries. Perhaps that is the cause.

CJ

CJ1045 said:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the charging system senses the battery temperature and will back off if they get too hot. The charging process does warm the batteries. Perhaps that is the cause.

CJ

Definitely - there is a page or more in the instruction manual about operation in extreme weather conditions - both hot and cold. They are, admittedly, talking about temperatures above 45 degrees, but they state that the car may be unusable at those levels, so it is not so surprising if charging is slower at 40 degrees.

Back