Change to 100% or 80%?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drwho

Hi all. I've been charging the battery on my 2024 Outlander PHEV to only 80 or 90% as that's what I've read is good for the battery. What the battery registers when I put it on charge is anywhere between almost zero, up to 30%.
This was the general information that I have gleaned from research, but one of the members here posted that the Mitsubishi battery has hidden charge elements, so that when we charge it to 100%, it is really only charged to 80%, and the 20% safety zone is hidden from us. They also said, likewise, it never really discharges to zero so that when it reads 0% there is still some charge left in the battery in order to protect it. It doesn't really matter to me which scenario is correct, I just need to know which scenario IS correct.
Until we get some definite information on this, I will continue charging to 80 or 90%. Occasionally, I charge it to 100% as I've also read that charging it to 100% balances the battery cells. But again, who really knows?
I would appreciate any information on this from someone who knows the correct info just to verify what I've read and what has been posted here already.
Thanks,
Dave

Back