Bluetooth video audio not in-sync (Android Xperia Z2)

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greendwarf said:
gwatpe said:
Maybe that car manufacturers are aware of the distractions to driving that video with associated audio can cause in a car. The plug in system was not necessarily designed for a car and had no such restrictions to deter usage.

Bluetooth handsfree works fine for phone conversations and music streaming does not matter. I would think it is a good thing that video in what ever form is not integrated into a car. Just use a stand alone system in the back if the passengers cannot leave home without a screen to watch. :roll:

As an aside - recently drove behind a woman driver who was watching music videos, between text messages and/or checking out social media on the smartphone mounted on the dashboard above the steering wheel :eek:
That would attract a fairly hefty fine over here...

I don't specifically about the Outlander MMCS (yet), but I have experienced numerous lip-sync issues when streaming video from phone to TV, or from my Roku set top box to my sound-bar, or even just watching some streamed content (such as Netflix).

There are so many variables at play, it is hard to work out what causes the issue most of the time. It could be a mismatch in firmware modules between the car unit and the phone. I often find on previous cars that I get weird issues when Apple release a new version of IOS, as my car stereo firmware can't cope with it. It could just be bog-standard latency or some form of split-second internal buffering that Mitsubishi use. It could be a bug in the phone OS, when connecting to certain setups. It could be due to other software running on the phone. It could really be just about anything.

Although it's seldom something I would want to do, it would be interesting to see if folks with other OS's on their phones experience the exact same problem (so iPhone, Windows phone etc).

Does the audio work without lip-sync issues if the audio is sent over USB rather than bluetooth?

Back