Advice required regarding insurance

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
steelarts said:
Hi, I'm new to the forum and am due to pick my new car up this Thursday so I'm doing the insurance thing at this moment, lol! My Pug 4007 is insured with Direct Line and has been for years. I read a couple of days ago that NFU Mutual are one of the best insurers around - note, not the cheapest - the best. As we know, cheapest does not equate to the best if you actually have to make a claim.

Anyway, NFU quoted around £325 and guess what? With the same £250 excess Direct Line come in at £175 UNTIL you add on no claims protection, recovery, motor legal, guaranteed car hire, etc. In other words all the things that come as standard with NFU. The DL price with the extras now comes in at £310, but because NFU Mutal automatically include 2 years (as opposed to everyone else 1 year) 'new car cover' I think I'm going with them as the extra premium is nowhere near the extra GAP insurance which will only be needed now in year 3 of the lease.

I've been with DL for years but I think on a new vehicle the NFU deal is hard to beat. Just my opinion :) .
We've had NFU insurance on our home for years. Great service and price, no quibble on the only claim we had. Old fashioned set up, as dealt with their local office, with a local number, and a lady named Charlotte, but nothing wrong with that.

Back