Tyre valve broken

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 549

All PHEV owners,

Have you had this happening to you? If not beware… My front left tyre's valve broke off when I was pumping air into it using the air hose that you find in petrol stations. The valve which restricts air from flowing out of the tyre broke off and that led my tyre pushing all the air out and make the tyre flat as a pancake. My Outlander is spending tonight at some garage and waiting to be taken to the dealer Monday. So much for metal valves and so much of lost reputation for Japanese metals!!!!

Imagine if the valve had come loose while I was doing 50mph earlier on the A roads and the result would have been catastrophic with no control and certain accident.

The recovery man said he had seen this happening to EU makes like Citroen's and Vauxhalls but never to a Japanese made Mitsubishi. :roll: :roll:

All the PHEV I have seen in AUS have had std rubber valve stems. We can certainly fit after market components. Are these the required EU fitted TPMS. Does the TPMS warning appear on the dash screen??.

Back