Travelling in France

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy2props

I have recently bought a PHEV and am thinking of taking it to France, but I can't find any information on the availability of charging points, how to register and what cable I would need.

cAn anybody help?

https://chargemap.com/

You will need a Type1-Type2 cable for public chargepoints and a ThreePin-Shuko adapter (16A unfused) for your standard chargebox to private household outlets.

I do not know which swipe cards you need, but that info should be available through the RAC.

jaapv said:
But do note that the PHEV HID lights do not require converters.

Unless you are down here in the dark in steerage with the rest of us Gx3h owners with halogen lights :lol:

However, when I looked at this last year, I though the bother with trying to charge in France wasn't worth it. The cards are difficult to get for non-French users, most of the "free to charge" points are at hypermarkets, so you will have to detour (and then may find they are not working) , whereas you have to pay for the charge on the autoroutes. This would only work if you were staying for a time in one place, using the car day to day and were near a hypermarket.

There was a horror story of somebody trying to get to an EV meet in Belgium using a Leaf. Had all the cards and Nissan dealers arranged and still had to be flat-bedded back to UK.

The best option would be a heavy duty extension with a Shuko plug on one end and a UK socket on the other to see if you can persuade some nice Frenchman to let you top up from a domestic supply, like you would at home. Or just live with driving it as a normal car for a while. ;)

It has a petrol engine and a generator....plugging it in is only a cheaper way of driving the wheels for a few miles or km. :lol:

Back