TPMS

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue

I have TPMS as standard on my new GX4HS.
Can somebody tell me at what pressure the monitor is activated? I am by the dealer that pressures are approx. 32psi as standard, but the TPMS kicks in with a 25% drop in pressure. This seems a little odd to me because it means I could be driving around with tyres at 25psi and not even know

Well they are 'monitors' so are there to warn of a puncture rather than to replace regular maintenance. You should still be regularly checking the pressures are correct to allow for gradual loss.

If you have a puncture, even a fairly slow one the tyre will soon go below the trigger threshold and warn you.

The system is comparative so measures a change in pressure, what the actual pressure is to start isn't really important, you can pump them up to anything you want and then reset the system in the dashboard menu and it won't care until the pressure changes too quickly.

yes, I would still be checking the tyres once every 2 weeks or so anyway. It just seemed strange that it took as much as a 25% drop to alert the monitor. Thanks for clarifying

Blue said:
yes, I would still be checking the tyres once every 2 weeks or so anyway. It just seemed strange that it took as much as a 25% drop to alert the monitor. Thanks for clarifying

Yes I agree, and it does seem that the window between an alert and a very flat tyre could be very short!

I prefer the Steelmate system which gives a constant readout of tyre pressures to the minimalistic ones fitted by car manufacturers.

Back