Steering driveshaft complaint

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LanderCT7

2019 PHEV. Putting on 1k miles per week for work. There's moderate road vibration I can feel in steering wheel. Improved with balancing tires ( 35psi ) but not completely. Crooked tire shop quoted me $4k repair including front axles and tie rod ends. In reality, it could be much more minor. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance

re balancing the tyres - was that having them balanced on a rig, or just the tyre pressures?

Any wheels out of true as that'll also cause some vibrations.

re balancing the tyres - was that having them balanced on a rig, or just the tyre pressures?

Any wheels out of true as that'll also cause some vibrations.
No rig. Just air pressure calibration at the gas station. Should I go to my mechanic or another tire shop to have them balanced on rig? This is for weight balancing I assume.

certainly worth getting the wheels checked for correct balance as that can cause vibrations, always possible one has lost a balance weight somewhere along the line. They'd also be able to note if any wheel is out of true while its spinning on the jig.

Back