Scheduled remote morning defrost starts 1 hour later than set

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zircman

I used this last year with my 2022 Outlander PHEV and it worked fine. Now it's getting cold again and there is a lot of condensation although no frost yet. So I reactivated it and changed the start time to be slightly later, matching my current schedule. It didn't start when I needed it but instead came on an hour later. I can't figure it out. The clock displays the correct time. Maybe I will turn off DST but that's not supposed to be required for a few more weeks. Any ideas? Obviously, I can just set it for the wrong time, but this shouldn't be necessary.
Thanks.

Wild guess here...

Some systems store time as an absolute value (typically a time in the GMT time zone) that is not affected by changing something else to DST or not.

(I seem to remember people having a lot of trouble with Outlook meetings because of this)

It's possible that deleting the timers and re-creating them, will create them at the time you want now.

You'll probably have to change them again after you switch back from DST if you do that.

Back