Pulling left!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M11k

Hi,

I was hoping for some advice, my car 'seems' to be pulling left (left hand drive), it maybe just the road camber, it does seem better on a flat road. Mitsubishi say they have received a memo saying they're aware of the issue and it's 'acceptable'! ie there doing nothing about it. I've had the front wheel alignment checked they inform me it's spot on. Mitsubishi suggest a four wheel alignment, but say it's a common thing.

Anyone else have similar issue or suggestions?.

Thanks

I have also felt at times but not always . I will check tyre pressure this weekend. Because its not always I thought its due to road surface

If you make alignments ... I think you should do on all 4 wheels ... this will tell you if the geometry of the car is spot on.

Then as said before, tyre pressure, some imbalance between left and right may cause to go not perfectly streight

Clearly ... inclination of the road play a rule too ... but normally the LHD streets are made to made you turn right and not left

Finally ... I know some car, like BMW, by default add a bit off "not straight" this for prevent that people that fall asleep while driving are going into the opposite car line .. so LHD normally have a bit of turn right

So ... if your LHD car pull a bit left .. it is not really normal ... I would definitely check the geometry on all 4 wheels

M11k said:
Hi,

I was hoping for some advice, my car 'seems' to be pulling left (left hand drive), it maybe just the road camber, it does seem better on a flat road. Mitsubishi say they have received a memo saying they're aware of the issue and it's 'acceptable'! ie there doing nothing about it. I've had the front wheel alignment checked they inform me it's spot on. Mitsubishi suggest a four wheel alignment, but say it's a common thing.

Anyone else have similar issue or suggestions?.

Thanks

First of all,Did you check tyre pressure?
This could be the main reason.
I have had this problem with my ex Prius and got it fixed by balancing tyre pressure on all four wheels.

I had a Jeep Cherokee that always 'pulled' slightly towards the curb side. Tracking/front wheel alignment was checked numerous times, but I suspect it was a four wheel alignment issue - Jeep main dealer seemed reluctent to try and check four wheel alignment - I'm not sure they had either the enthusiasm or the facility to do so. Maybe as it had replacement cart (can't say leaf here as it comes out as leaf - which I guess is a Nissan!) springs at the rear the alignment accuracy was compromised.

I have no such problem with my PHEV though. Definitely no inclination to pull in any direction except straight ahead. Feels like a Bentley compared to my wonky ol' Jeep! Although it's only done 5000 miles so far and I haven't clonked any curbs in it. I'd have thought tyre pressures would have to be vastly different to cause this. Maybe uneven tyre wear could help cause it, but that being the case, what caused the uneven wear in the first place. I'd go for four wheel alignment check.

Definitely find a good tyre place that can do a full geometry check by laser.

I had mine looked at within a month of delivery and found that the toe, caster and camber angles were all out. Correctly adjusting these transformed my car from slightly nervous, not quite running straight into a stable, smooth cruiser that is arrow straight on the motorway.

I have a package deal that allows me as many checks in two years as I want, so I had it done again at 18,000 miles to take account of tyre wear. Now at 8 1/2 months old and 22,000 miles so think the next check will be after new tyres are fitted at around the 30K miles mark.

Hi,

Yes, mine does this and always has. I contacted the garage who took it out and tested it, they said it was the camber in the road and when they took it into the ‘middle’ of the road it was fine.

I have tested it this way and it does sit straight in the middle of the road.....

My front left tyre is very worn on the outside of the tyre, so in my mind this is not right. I also took another PHEV out to test, and it did the same...

Back