Protecting My Outlander PHEV Best Options for Catalytic Converter Shields

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owain1990

I'm looking where I can buy a catalytic converter shield for my Outlander 3 PHEV (2.4L, full-size model, not the Sport version). With catalytic converter theft on the rise, I want to take extra precautions to protect my vehicle, especially since hybrid and electric models seem to be popular targets. 😖

Has anyone here installed a shield on their Outlander PHEV? I’ve been looking online, but most of what I find seems to be geared toward the Sport model, and I’m not sure if they’re compatible with the full-size version. I’d also love to hear if you have any recommendations for brands or if a custom-made shield might be necessary.

Any input on what it costs or installation tips would be super helpful. I’m curious about the installation process. Is it something I could DIY? or would you suggest getting a professional to handle it?

I got mine from White Bear Mitsubishi in Minnesota a few years back. Definitely give them a call, or have your local dealer reach out to them!

Hey, as a matter of fact, many catalytic converter shields are universal and should fit any vehicle. Just confirm compatibility with the manufacturer.
As for brands, some well-regarded ones include CatClamp, CatStrap, and AlphaCat.
Regarding installation, what is your "DIY experience", haha? I think you can handle it.
I hope this helps! Good luck!

Back