Power Liftgate User Manual

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woon Chung

I am new to Outlander PHEV. I visited Walmart to pick my order. When Walmart employee approached to the door and check ID and ask me to open the liftgate. I pushed Liftgate button on the left side of the lower panel but it did not work. I checked center console front where the On/Off switch. It was ON. I feel awful, and the I left the car and went to liftgate and then press Open button in the lift gate. No open. I tried to use Key fob trunk open button but no open. So I turned off the car itself and then out of the car and then lock the car and then unlock the car ant then came back to the liftgate and then pushed open button on liftgate. It opened. What's wrong with me?

I opened the user manual PDF file and searched with the letter of liftgate using Find function. Find function showed 353 liftgate in the manual. I tried to read from the first find of Liftgate in PDF file and when I reached about 88th find, I stopped to read manual. Because there are so many situation that F.A.S.T. Key would not functioning, so many to avoid situations, so many exceptions of liftgate from opening.

Is there anybody who teach me how to open the power liftgate while the car is in Ready mode in P position while sitting on the driver's seat?

If you are using the dashboard control, press and hold the button for one second.

If you are using the keyfob, press the button twice in quick succession.

If you are using the dashboard control, press and hold the button for one second.

If you are using the keyfob, press the button twice in quick succession.
It worked exactly as you explained. Thank you. I hope there will be no exceptions for good.
BTW, from where your energy comes enough to compose 1,069 messages so far. No need to answer. This is complimentary expression.

Back