Only charges on ACC

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pressing the plug release button automatically turns OFF the charging. Usually the car has stopped the recharge when I disconnect the plug. I was caught out a similar way with the charge timers. The car would not charge manually. I now have a timed outlet and a normal outlet and plug in to the outlet needed, and this avoids problems when I need to charge away from home. I never tried all aspects of the location selective charge options.

I had the same problem but sorted it out myself .. the charge timer is a great function but why in this world can't you do a manual override with a button without the need to go through the menues and change the timers ?

My suggestion to mitsubishi (if someone here reads and can forward) would be to use the "charge" button for this when power is in the "off" position and the charger is connected. would be SO simple.

why do i need it ? based in switzerland, we have attractive night rates for the power. so my timer is set to start at 10pm with the charge.
However, when i come home during the day, at lunch, which i occasionally do, i would like to charge the car, if only for 2 hours. i KNOW that i want to charge it - so it would be so simple to plug in and then press the "manual charge" button to override the timers ....

Johannes

There are many things software related with the PHEV that would be so simple to fix. Mitsubishi have known about the charge cost screens fault for 5 months now. NO word on any fix yet. Maybe Mitsubishi don't employ software engineers any more.

gwatpe said:
There are many things software related with the PHEV that would be so simple to fix. Mitsubishi have known about the charge cost screens fault for 5 months now. NO word on any fix yet. Maybe Mitsubishi don't employ software engineers any more.

I guess they are just being cautious about rushing out firmware updates and all the associated risks. We have already had examples here of cars left undriveable due to failed updates - if I were them, I would be reluctant to roll out an update to address cosmetic or minor issues.

Regarding chargevision how often does it do the updates and you'd think it would relate to on/off from start/end charge.

21/11/2014 6 11:00 - 15:06 28h 05m 3.84kwh
22/11/2014 6 15:07 - 21:12 30h 04m 7.7kwh

Those are the 2 entries I have yet have put it on charge more than twice.

I've had ChargeVision updates go through in seconds, but on one occassion it took days. And I regularly see that the connection times recorded, moreso for plugging in than unplugging, are often random nonsense. Fortunately the kWh figure seems consistent and where I'd expect.......

jaapv said:
I had a similar problem. The cause turned out to be a faulty microswitch in the charge cable plug. Bent the lip a bit and all was back to normal.

I have recently been having problems getting charging to start both at home and on a Source London point using a 16A cable supplied by evconnectors and it wasn't until I found this thread that I paid more attention to the connector and listened carefully to the clicking microswitch and compared it to the standard 13A cable (which was working fine). With mine, I can get the charging to start by pulling the thumb-release button upwards just a fraction, I hear the microswitch click and charging starts.

I have requested a replacement cable.

Thanks to all for the hints!
David

I have found that timer charging does not update times correctly to adapt to the automatic time change from the GPS with summer time.

The first time it happened I resorted to leaving the car in ACC mode and this over rode the timer and allowed the recharge to start.

Until the bug is found in the car software, the only solution may be to just change timers manually with the GPS time change.

Maybe this is why there are 3 timer options. :lol:

turpin1548 said:
The charge timing software was still set. Dealer's service manager, dealer's technicians and I all though it had been cleared down. Turns out that it was still set. I had begun to attempt to set the car to charge only when the sun was shining (we have PV panels), but then decided against and (thought I had) cleared the settings. It appears that there is no way to override these settings, and no warning that you are trying to charge the car outside the specified time period. Dealer is discussing the UI with Mitsubishi UK.
Simple error, so difficult to track down. Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Just wanted to thank you for this response. I just bought an Outlander and was concerned this issue was a fault. I'd looked at the timer and it said it was all off but explicitly turning it off as suggested did the trick. I'm now able to charge with the power button set to off.

Back