not getting a full charge

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevwxm

Hi all as the title says.. when i charge from home it only charges to 25 miles .. why doesnt it charge to the full 30 ?? Does anyone else have this problem ?

You're mistaking charge for range. Although full, the computer is working out your range on the basis of your historic driving conditions and other factors, like temperature (batteries aren't as efficient in the cold). As it warms up, assuming you're not heavy footed, you'll see the range increase.

As it happens, I saw 30miles yesterday for the first time since buying the car in January.

Titan said:
You're mistaking charge for range. Although full, the computer is working out your range on the basis of your historic driving conditions and other factors, like temperature (batteries aren't as efficient in the cold). As it warms up, assuming you're not heavy footed, you'll see the range increase.

As it happens, I saw 30miles yesterday for the first time since buying the car in January.

Definitely! 30 miles is very much the upper limit of the EV range - only achievable driving gently in warm weather. In cold weather, the range can easily drop to 15 miles and 20 is good. I reckon on 25 miles in the summer for general purpose driving.

I normally show 24 miles as I leave home with a full charge. Only actually get 20-22 as most of my journey is 70MPH dual carriageway.

Back