Beeping lights

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drinu

Hi,
hoping you can help me here. I have a 2016 Outlander PHEV and I have a very funny situation.
When I have the main lights on, indicator on and pressing the brake (brake light on), I get a beeping sound which only sounds when the indicator is actually on. Thing is it doesnt always happen. I noticed that when the drive battery is full it doesnt happen, but once it goes below the 3/4 level, it starts beeping as long as the main lights are on, indicators are on and the brake light is on.

Could this be an earth issue? I dont know from where the beep is coming to be honest and its quite a faint beep, but its also quite frustrating.

Thanks

To check if you have a grounding (earth) issue.
Reproduce the problem and get somebody to look at the rear brake lights when this is happening.
Quite often a grounding problem results in the brake lights dimming and brightening in time with the indicators flashing. In that case a ground in or around the rear clusters has got dirty or rusted.

That being said, I can't imagine a scenario where the battery being full or not would make a difference.
Do check the OBDII scanner codes as Nrayanov says.

To check if you have a grounding (earth) issue.
Reproduce the problem and get somebody to look at the rear brake lights when this is happening.
Quite often a grounding problem results in the brake lights dimming and brightening in time with the indicators flashing. In that case a ground in or around the rear clusters has got dirty or rusted.

That being said, I can't imagine a scenario where the battery being full or not would make a difference.
Do check the OBDII scanner codes as Nrayanov says.
will take a video to see if they are indeed dimming

Hi,
hoping you can help me here. I have a 2016 Outlander PHEV and I have a very funny situation.
When I have the main lights on, indicator on and pressing the brake (brake light on), I get a beeping sound which only sounds when the indicator is actually on. Thing is it doesnt always happen. I noticed that when the drive battery is full it doesnt happen, but once it goes below the 3/4 level, it starts beeping as long as the main lights are on, indicators are on and the brake light is on.

Could this be an earth issue? I dont know from where the beep is coming to be honest and its quite a faint beep, but its also quite frustrating.

Thanks
I also have this problem. Did you find the cause?

The only time I've heard my car making a 'faint' beeping noise, is when the traction battery is recharging the 12V battery.

On my car, this happens every day in the early afternoon, at 2 pm, I think.

It could be worth checking to see if that beeping matches the beeping you're hearing, because there could be something about that specific load that is triggering the 12V recharge process.

(Perhaps putting a significant voltage drop on the 12V battery).

Back