"Fault" incurable:

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Killiam

my charger, Yazaki model 9482A334, went to "fault" continuously. I concluded that puddled rain water had entered it somehow and it could not dry out. So I bought a replacement online with, of course, adjustable amperage. From prior threads I can't seem to make out the optimal amperage setting to put on the replacement charger. I'm in France with solar power so I'm thinking of using the max amperage setting of 12.6 in daylight hours. But for now to be safe (?) I've set it at 10 amps. BTW I have to toggle through 9 different, hard-to-read delayed start choices each time I start charging, on a little screen on the body of the charger, kind of inconvenient. The replacement I got is an EVPEIWE Type 1, with a very brief manual and a telephone number in China, so, I'm on my own at this point. Any thoughts? Vehicle is 2019 PHEV.

The on board charger can handle 3.7 kW. I guess your voltage is 230V in France, so the charger will pull 16 Amps or whatever (lower) limit you set on the charger. Even if you set the charger at a higher Amp rating, the car will not pull more than 16 Amps. From a battery point of view, this is still "slow" charging.

I didn't see in your other thread that you were using solar, so in that case the strategy may be a bit different. You may want to optimize charging by using the highest current you can when there is enough sun. Just be check the plug from time to time (not the one on the car site, the other one). The plug will drive currents over 10A for several hours, and can heat up and burn if there is a bad contact. If you use extension cords, check them regularly too.

Back