Display screen issues

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katew

We purchased our PHEV in Australia in June and enjoy the driving experience.

However, has anyone else encountered the following, or similar issues, with the display screens?

- Recharging cost graph appearing as dots on the bottom of the graph due to incorrect scaling of costs

- Gaps in the long and short term history for mileage and energy

- Loss of setup menu

- Inaccuracies in calculated range for battery and total (eg, range either increases or decreases at a rate of approximately 1.5 to 2.0 times travelled range when driving on the battery)

- 85 km battery range after full charge

- Inability to set manual user maintenance schedule times

Any advice would be much appreciated!

- Inaccuracies in calculated range for battery and total (eg, range either increases or decreases at a rate of approximately 1.5 to 2.0 times travelled range when driving on the battery)
That's very normal, it depends on if you are traveling on falt-uphill-downhill (or slope of the road). Pulling out of my garage on our steep drive way consumes 1 km even though traveled distance is only 10 meters.

Getting 85 km range after charge is even better than my record of 65 kms, that's great (even though you will not get 85 kms out of it) you shouldn't be complaining about it :D

Have a read thru all of the threads in the forum you will find a lot of useful info which will help you to enjoy your PHEV

I live just outside London and we're having temps up to 30C at the moment which means I'm getting getting around 24 miles (38km) per charge with quite a bit of aircon use. If you're getting 65kms you are doing well although as its winter in Oz I presume you don't need the aircon.

I have some display screen issues as well.

Has anyone seen meaningful graphs from the recharging costs screens. All I get is a few dots distributed along the bottom line of the graph. I notice that there is a number on the side of the graph of 180. This is $. Surely the daily cost of recharging with electricity is not expected to be up to $180. On the long term graph window, the monthly data is similarly just a line on the bottom, and the number on the side is $3600 per month.

The windows are meaningless in the present form, Looks like there is a scaling problem with the data. The cost is set to $0.38 per kWh. To get recharge costs of $180 per day will require a unit cost of around $18.00 per kWh. Don't want to think about how much petrol will cost by then.

BTW the range above was 85km on battery. I think this is the range calculated by the car and not actual driven range on the battery. I have seen similar fiction. Many features and displays provided by a manufacturer in a car may not always be used by a driver, but these features should still work, and they are faulty if they do not. They need to be fixed at the manufacturers cost, even if the owner does not use them all the time.

It would be useful to have forum members post examples of faults they have with displayed data on their PHEV. Pics may be useful. I have quite a collection I can post.

Most irritating fault I have found so far is that the Manual reset on the Trip/Eco info screen doesn't do what it says on the tin.

Charge cost screen is actually one that seems to work fine for me.

Totally agree though with your comments about all the functions working - it's frustrating to have so much theoretically available but much of it of questionable accuracy. It doesn't help that the info in the handbooks is scant. A few less disclaimers and a bit more detail would be good!

Back